Thursday 16 June 2011

Introductions

So here it goes - my first ever blog post!!  I've started this blog so that I can take part in '23 Things for Professional Development' but hope to continue blogging after the 'Things' have been completed.  I'm still working on the design of my blog so there may be a few colour changes in the coming weeks.



I have been in my current post at Kingston University as an Information Assistant for two and a half years; the time has flown by and I am now at the point of wanting to consolidate my experience and skills to enable me to find a professional position.  Hopefully this blog will allow me to reflect on what I have achieved and help me to decide where I want to go next.



I anticipate that taking part in 23 Things will broaden my knowledge of social media and help me develop ways of incorporating what I have learnt into my work routine.  It starts next week and I'm looking forward to all the new discoveries I am going to make!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Laura, welcome to cpd23! Love the jellybean background - nom nom. Hope you enjoy the program!

    Laura Wilkinson
    http://darkarchive.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am following CPD23 - currently on Thing 2, stalking participants' blogs and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is in an excellent background. Good opening post too. Nice clear goals for the scheme. Good luck with the rest of the things.

    ReplyDelete