Friday 15 July 2011

Thing 3: Personal Brand

I have been extremely busy this week after two weeks away: catching up with emails, attending a cpd25 training course, learning how to use our new library management system which goes 'live' next week and going on an organised Harry Potter walk in London in preparation for seeing the last film next week!  All of which I will write about soon when things have settled down a bit at work. 


As a consequence I have fallen behind on the 23 things programme but have lots of plans about how I want to re-brand my blog.  I feel my blog doesn't look very professional, so although it's colourful, the background picture of jellybeans will probably be the first thing I will want to change!  Instead I hope to add colour by uploading some pictures, I will also add my real name and a recent picture of myself and in addition I want to be more consistent with the fonts and style of headings used.  This will keep me busy for the next few days!


One of the activities for Thing 3 was to Google your name and look at the results.  I couldn't see anything relating to me on the first couple of pages which is not surprising since I have quite a common name; most of the hits were for an American actress who shares my name and an American author who has published a book called: 'Clever letters: fun ways to wiggle your words!' which I am definitely going to look up :)


I am looking forward to setting up a Twitter account for Thing 4 as I feel I should have done this a long time ago. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh sounds like you have lots going on! What LMS are you moving from/to? I've recently changed jobs so I too am learning a new LMS. Heritage. It's intimidating in its hugeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fond memories of Heritage! I used it when I worked at an FE college and it was there that I decided to take librarianship seriously as a career.
    Talis was switched off on Thursday and today we started using Aleph - I think it's going to take a while to get used to the new terminology and where everything is but I guess on the plus side we can put on our CVs that we have used a variety of systems!

    ReplyDelete