Saturday 30 July 2011

Thing 9: it's easy with Evernote

At last a thing I can promote to the rest of my team at work!  When I first told my line manager I wanted to do cpd23 he asked me that if there were any 'Things' that I thought might be useful for the rest of the team to know about then I should demonstrate them in one of our fortnightly team meetings.  This is definitely one of them.  I have been using Evernote for a week now and I love it.  Before Evernote if I came across something interesting on the web I would 'printscreen' it and paste it into Word, email it to myself or save it in my internet explorer favourites.  However with Evernote I will be able to access all my saved searches in one place and from anywhere.  Over the next few weeks I am going to explore more of its functionality including emailing notes to my Evernote email address and accessing my notes via my phone. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Evernote before it was a 'Thing'. Didn't think it useful for myself, but very interesting to read a positive appraisal of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of it either. I've been able to download it onto my PC at work so it's now become part of my daily routine. I guess there are always going to be 'things' that some people find more useful than others. For example I can't see a use for Pushnote.

    ReplyDelete