Wednesday 20 July 2011

Thing 4: Current Awareness

Twitter
As I mentioned at the end of my last post I have been meaning to join Twitter for ages and I have now finally signed up.  You can find me at @laurasletters.  However although I have managed to tweet a couple of times I find the interface confusing and it's not very intuitive to use; a work colleague who is an avid Twitter user has kindly agreed to give me some pointers this week so hopefully I will soon be wondering what I was so worried about. 


RSS feeds
This looks like a really useful tool although I'm a bit overwhelmed about the sheer number of items to read after I subscribed to the bundle of CPD23 participants.  I fear that I will keep hitting the 'mark as read' button and never actually have the time to read any of them.  I maybe need to set aside some time during the week (maybe when on the bus to work) to keep on top of this.  Another option may be to delete the bundle and instead build up slowly the blogs/websites that I want to follow.


Pushnote
I had not heard of Pushnote before and I am finding it hard to understand why you would want to use it!  I have decided not to join but I may be persuaded at a later date to sign-up if I come across fellow CPD23ers who have found it useful.

1 comment:

  1. These are my thoguhts exactly! I haven't gelled with the mechanics of Twitter (I feel like I'm intruding on other people's conversations), find RSS feeds provide too much information and I don't see the point of Pushnote either.

    ReplyDelete